Indiana Toll Road Crash Attorneys

At Laura L. Rybicki, LLC, in St. John, our Northwest Indiana car accident lawyers have over 30 years of combined experience protecting the rights of highway accident victims in Lake County, Porter County and throughout northern Indiana.

Car accidents are the leading cause of accidental injury and accidental death in Indiana. In our experience, highways with the highest incidence of safety issues and accidents include:

  • I-65
  • Indiana Toll Road –I-80/90
  • I-80/94
  • Borman Expressway
  • US Route 30
  • US Route 41

While less-traveled, rural two-lane Indiana roads have fewer accidents, they tend to have a higher percentage of fatal car accidents and accidents involving catastrophic injury.

What to Do After an Accident

If you are injured in an accident, there are several things you can do to protect your rights to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, permanent injury, and pain and suffering:

  • Obtain medical care right away. If you have an injury, you have to document it by seeking treatment. If you delay treatment, insurance companies will argue that you were not seriously injured or that your injuries were caused by something other than the accident.
  • Follow your doctor’s treatment plan. If you do not follow your doctor’s orders, insurance companies will blame you if you don’t make a full recovery.
  • Collect and preserve evidence. Evidence such as skid marks, vehicle damage, witness statements and pictures of road safety issues can be lost if not collected promptly after the accident.
  • Do not make a recorded statement to the insurance company of the other driver. The insurance company will try to get you to say things that will damage your case.
  • Don’t sign anything. If you have suffered a serious injury, the insurance company may try to get you to accept a lowball settlement offer. If you accept it, you will give up your rights to collect any more money in the future.
  • Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Even if you do not end up needing an attorney to resolve your case, a lawyer can give you helpful advice about your rights and options. Our law firm offers a free initial consultation.

Learn more about dealing with medical bills after a highway accident.

For More Information About Highway Accidents

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with our Lake County and Porter County highway accident attorneys, call (219) 365-7766 or fill out the contact form on this website.