Lake & Porter County Auto Accident Death Attorney

Losing a family member in a fatal car accident is a devastating experience. At a time like this, no one likes to think about legal and financial issues. However, there are steps you need to take as a family to preserve your rights.

At Laura L. Rybicki, LLC, in St. John, our Northwest Indiana auto accident lawyers represent family members of fatal accident victims in Lake County, Porter County and throughout northern Indiana. We offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about issues such as insurance, probate and compensation for family members.

Was Another Party At Fault for Your Family Member’s Death?

If you think the car accident was caused by another party, then immediate steps should be taken to investigate the accident and preserve evidence. While nothing can bring your family member back, our Merrillville wrongful death attorneys can file a wrongful death lawsuit to hold the at-fault party responsible and compensate the survivors.

Under Indiana’s wrongful death statute, family members can seek compensation for damages such as medical expenses incurred prior to death, funeral expenses, lost financial support, loss of consortium and loss of parental guidance. Your family members will need to set up an estate for your deceased family member and have an administrator appointed. Our attorneys can help you with this process.

There may be several defendants in a wrongful death lawsuit over a fatal accident:

  • The other driver
  • If your loved one or the other driver was drunk, the bar or restaurant that overserved alcohol may be responsible under Indiana dram shop liability law.
  • If unsafe road conditions caused the accident, the municipality may be responsible.
  • If an auto defect caused the death, the manufacturer may be responsible.

For More Information About Fatal Car Accidents

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with our Lake County and Porter County fatal car accident attorneys, call (219) 365-7766 or fill out the contact form on this website.