Schererville Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys

Property owners have a legal duty to reasonably operate, maintain and supervise their property for the safety of the public. If you have been injured as a result of a property owner’s negligence, you may have a right to receive financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. This area of law is known as premises liability.

If you have been injured by the carelessness of a property owner and need to speak with a premises liability attorney, contact Laura L. Rybicki, LLC, in St. John. Our Northwest Indiana personal injury lawyers represent accident victims in Lake County, Porter County and throughout northern Indiana.

We handle a wide range of premises liability claims, including:

  • Slip-and-fall accidents: While slip-, trip-and-fall accident claims are often trivialized by defense attorneys, they are often serious accidents that may result in severe injuries.
  • Bar fights: Bar owners may be responsible when they fail to take reasonable steps to protect patrons.
  • Dram shop liability: Dram shop liability holds bar and restaurant owners responsible when they serve alcohol to an obviously intoxicated patron.
  • Landlord negligence: Nonworking smoke detectors, nonfunctioning deadbolt locks and other dangerous property conditions can put renters at risk. In some cases, landlords may be responsible for injuries.
  • Day care injuries: When we put a child in the hands of a day care center, we are putting his or her safety into the hands of the owner. When issues such as understaffing lead to injuries, the day care center may be responsible.

If you have been injured due to property owner negligence, it’s important to take quick action to preserve your rights to compensation. Our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and options.

For More Information About Premises Liability

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with our Lake County and Porter County premises liability attorneys, call (219) 365-7766 or fill out the contact form on this website.