Northwest Indiana Slip-and-Fall-Accident Attorneys

Northwest Indiana Slip-and-Fall-Accident Attorneys 2018-01-11T19:16:15+00:00

Merrillville, East Chicago, Hammond, Gary, Crown Point, Schererville, St. John Trip-and-Fall-Injury Lawyers

While slip-and-fall-accident claims are often trivialized by insurance company defense attorneys, they are often serious accidents that result in severe injuries. Falls can cause broken bones, severe back and neck injuries, knee injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, brain injuries and even death.

At Laura L. Rybicki, LLC, in St. John, our Northwest Indiana premises liability attorneys represent slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accident victims in Lake County, Porter County and throughout northern Indiana. If you or a family member has been injured on someone else’s property, we offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights.

Will the Property Owner Pay for My Damages?

You may assume that property owners will pay for your damages such as medical bills if you are injured on their premises. Unfortunately, the insurance company of the property owner is not likely to pay you anything unless you can prove that property owner’s negligence led to your injury. Examples of property owner negligence include:

  • Foreign substances on floors that caused you to slip
  • Debris or misplaced items that caused you to trip
  • Stairs with missing handrails or uneven steps
  • Uneven floor surfaces
  • Potholes or cracks in pavement

If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights for compensation. Negligent property conditions should be photographed before they are repaired. Evidence such as security videotapes and witness statements need to be collected and preserved.

If the dangerous property condition was open and obvious, or if the property owner did not have an opportunity to correct the condition, you may not be able to collect damages.

For More Information About Slip-and-Fall Accidents

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with our Lake County and Porter County slip-and-fall-accident lawyers, call (219) 365-7766 or fill out the contact form on this website.