Lake and Porter County Pedestrian Crosswalk Injury Lawyers

If you are struck by a car as a pedestrian or while riding a bicycle in Indiana, you may be entitled to compensation from the driver of the motor vehicle. Even if you are partially responsible for the accident, you can still collect damages for the percentage the driver was at fault.

At Laura L. Rybicki, LLC, in St. John, our Porter County car accident attorneys offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and options if you have been injured in a car-pedestrian accident. We represent victims of pedestrian accidents in Merrillville, Hammond, Gary, Crown Point, Saint John, Schererville and many other towns throughout northwestern Indiana.

Determining Fault in Pedestrian Accidents

Unless you are struck in a crosswalk, proving fault in a pedestrian accident can be complex. Drivers are required to watch out for pedestrians whether they are in a crosswalk or not. Unfortunately, the driver will usually try to minimize his or her responsibility by claiming that you ran in front of the car or were wearing dark clothing, for example.

Evidence such as the clothing you were wearing and the lighting conditions at the time of the accident can be important factors in proving liability. For this reason, it’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident so that evidence can be collected and preserved.

Until your case is resolved, your own auto insurance can be used to pay medical bills. Your auto insurance covers damages in all types of motor vehicle accidents, including damages suffered in pedestrian accidents.

For More Information About Pedestrian Accidents

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with our Lake County and Porter County pedestrian accident lawyers, call (219) 365-7766 or fill out the contact form on this website.