Northwest Indiana Child Injury Lawyer

>>Northwest Indiana Child Injury Lawyer
Northwest Indiana Child Injury Lawyer 2018-01-11T19:16:16+00:00

Lake & Porter County Minor Children Attorney

An accident that results in personal injury can be frightening for anyone. For a child, the experience can be devastating. To feel safe again, your child may need counseling in addition to medical care.

At Laura L. Rybicki, LLC, in St. John, our Northwest Indiana injury lawyers represent children injured in accidents in Lake County, Porter County and throughout northern Indiana. If someone else is responsible for your child’s injury, your child may be entitled to compensation for medical care, pain and suffering, and other damages. We offer a free initial consultation to explain your options and answer your questions.

Thinking About Your Child’s Future Needs

Children who suffer burns or scarring in an accident can often benefit from reconstructive surgery. Growing up can be hard enough without enduring teasing at school because of a disfiguring scar.

Doctors will consider your child’s age and his or her growth to determine when would be an appropriate time to perform surgery. Reconstructive or plastic surgery is expensive, and it’s important to demand enough compensation from the insurance company of the at-fault party now to pay for medical procedures that may take place months or years in the future. Once you resolve your case by settlement or negotiation, you can’t go back to the insurance company and ask for more money later.

Personal Injury Settlements for Minor Children

If your child receives more than $10,000 in a personal injury settlement or court verdict, the probate court will need to establish a guardianship to ensure the money is used to meet the child’s needs. Our lawyers can assist you in setting up a guardianship and in answering your questions about the probate court process.

A structured settlement can be used to provide periodic payments to your child over time rather than a lump sum payment when your child reaches age 18.

For More Information About Child Injuries

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with our Lake County and Porter County child injury attorneys, call (219) 365-7766 or fill out the contact form on this website.