Accomplishing Your Goals Through Effective Planning
Many people treat estate planning as if it is something they can do at any time, and most wait until much later in life before they even begin to think about it. The truth is that tomorrow is not a guarantee for anyone, and now is the time to start making plans for how you want your estate and personal matters to be handled when you are unable to do so and upon your death.
Regardless of which stage of life you are in, you should at least have a will and advance medical directive in place. If nothing else, these two documents will make your wishes known with regard to how your property should be distributed and how your medical care should be handled. A better option, though, would be to work with a reliable Lake County, Indiana estate planning lawyer to develop a comprehensive estate plan designed specifically for your needs.
Estate Planning and Probate Services for Clients in Lake County and Porter County, Indiana
At the law firm of Dugan & Rybicki, P.C., our Schererville estate planning attorneys represent clients throughout Northwest Indiana in all aspects of estate planning. We will review your estate and work with you to understand your goals. We will explain the ways that your goals can be achieved and recommend the estate planning tools that we feel will best accommodate your needs.
We provide the following estate planning and probate services to our clients:
- Wills and trusts: Make sure that your wishes are followed with regard to what happens to your property after your death.
- Powers of attorney: You can choose the people who have the authority to make decisions on your behalf if you become unable to make decisions for yourself.
- Advance health care directive: Your living will lets your doctors and, perhaps more importantly, your family members know exactly how you want your medical care handled if you become terminally ill.
- Transfer on death deeds: You can greatly simplify the process of transferring real property to your beneficiaries after your death.
- Probate and estate administration: Whether you need assistance with fulfilling your duties as executor or trustee or whether you have a dispute that needs to be settled, we can represent you and help you through these proceedings.
- Small estates: If an estate is worth less than $50,000, it may be possible to avoid the probate process completely.
- Guardianships: If you need to become the legal guardian of a family member’s child or an incapacitated adult relative, we can help you navigate this sometimes complex process.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Schererville Attorney
To learn more about how our Schererville estate planning lawyers can help you or to schedule a free initial estate planning consultation, please call 219-365-7766 or send us an e-mail by completing our online contact form.