Many people don’t understand that, when they take the time to complete a comprehensive estate plan, it is as much for their family members as it is for themselves With a thorough estate plan in place, you eliminate doubt that can cause the turmoil and infighting that plagues so many families.
Your estate plan serves as a roadmap for your family, providing clear instructions about your wishes regarding how your property should be distributed after your death, how your personal affairs should be handled and by whom, and a number of other key considerations. It can be difficult to know where to start in building your estate plan. A qualified Lake County estate planning attorney can help you through the process and work to ensure that you settle on the right solution.
An Experienced Estate Planning and Probate Law Firm
At the law firm of Dugan & Rybicki, P.C., our Dyer estate planning attorneys provide personalized estate planning solutions to clients in Lake County, Porter County and throughout Northwest Indiana. Lead estate planning lawyer Laura Rybicki offers our clients more than 10 years of experience developing estate plans and representing clients in probate proceedings.
You can rely on us for professional, comprehensive service in the following areas:
- Wills and trusts: Well-written wills and trusts provide clear guidance about how your property is distributed.
- Powers of attorney: You can name the people you trust to have authority over your affairs, and under what circumstances, through powers of attorney.
- Advance health care directive: Also known as a living will, the advance health care directive allows you to dictate how your care will be handled if you become terminally ill.
- Transfer on death deeds: If you have real estate you wish to transfer to a beneficiary after your death, transfer on death deeds can help to simplify the process.
- Probate and estate administration: We represent executors and trustees to help them properly carryout their duties, as well as beneficiaries in disputes over the executor’s handling of the estate and the validity of a will or trust.
- Small estate services: We may be able to help executors of estates valued at less than $50,000 to avoid the probate process.
- Guardianship services: We represent individuals seeking to become guardians for an incapacitated adult relative or a family member’s child.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Dyer Attorney
To learn more about how our Dyer estate planning lawyers can help you or to schedule a free initial estate planning consultation, please call 219-365-7766 or send us an e-mail by completing our online contact form.